Thursday, December 27, 2018

What I have been reading lately

Home Game by Michael Lewis: Hilarious anecdotes about being a dad. I love Michael Lewis.

The Fifth Risk by Michael Lewis: Profiles of the administrative side of the Federal Government, trying to highlight the importance of competent nonpolitical actors and the damage done by the partisan and unprepared Trump administration. Interesting but not Lewis' best work. I didn't finish.

Them by Ben Sasse: I don't think I would agree with Ben Sasse on too many political issues, but I'm glad there are thoughtful and capable people like him serving in the U.S. government. This book, however, is not especially interesting. I didn't finish.

Winner Takes All: The Race to Own Las Vegas by Christina Binkley. A history of the 1990s and early 2000s building boom in Vegas. Relatively light on business content and not that interesting to me. I didn't finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment