Thursday, December 27, 2018

My portfolio


SecurityWeighting
Berkshire Hathaway13.3%
Short Term Treasury Bonds12.6%
National Western Life Insurance10.1%
Cash9.3%
Norfolk Southern8.1%
Wells Fargo7.7%
W.R. Berkeley7.3%
Gazprom6.0%
Lukoil5.9%
Melcor Developments5.2%
General Motors5.0%
John Bean Technologies4.1%
Nicholas Financial2.1%
ADF Group1.9%
J. Smart & Co.1.4%

Here is my portfolio at the end of the year. A couple of trading days remain, but the return on my U.S. brokerage account year to date is 3.42%. 

This is the first year since 2008 (the year I opened my first brokerage account) when the stock market looks likely to finish with a negative result. It doesn't seem to affect me. I think I feel about the same as I did at the end of any other year. 

Overall, my view is that stock market valuations are reasonable and 2019 offers the prospect of decent returns. I expect to reduce my cash and bond positions somewhat as the year progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment